2 tbs chili powder
1 tsp cayenne pepper
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
2tbs olive oil
2 tbp minced onion
1/2 cup med-dry red wine (optional)
1 jar blackberry Serrano lime jam
1/4 cup chicken stock
2 tbs unsalted
1. Combine the chili powder, cayenne, salt and pepper. Rub into chops.
2. Heat oil in a large heavy skillet over medium-high heat. Add the chops and brown on both sides. Cover the pan and reduce heat to low and cook 5-7 minutes; remove chops from the pan cover and keep warm.
3. Saute the onion in the same pan over medium-high heat for about 2 minutes. Deglaze the pan with the wine and scrape up any browned bits.
4. Add blackberry Serrano lime jam, and stock. Bring to a boil then simmer for 3 minutes. Simmer the sauce over low heat until it’s slightly thick—about 8 minutes.
5. Remove from heat and stir in the butter. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Add the chops back to the pan and serve with the sauce.